My World

Tuesday, October 03, 2006



Importance of aims

Today, while I was seeing my last client, I heard one of the managers crying. I came out of my office and asked her what had happened. She said that one of our volunteers attempted suicide on Wednesday and she is dead. Apparently she threw herself in front of a train and was dead there and then. I remembered her vividly because she used to work in the Minor’s section.

She was a very helpful, quiet and nice young girl. I would never have thought of her killing herself. She seemed very normal with no big problem or signs of depression. But she must have something very disturbing in her life for her to make that decision.

For some of us these thoughts never occur in our minds let alone making plans to do it. What does make someone feel so hopeless and vulnerable to see no way forward? I have always thought that people have options in their lives when making up their minds about something. To choose what to do or which way to go is mostly up to our current situations. At times if we don’t see further than our step and don’t see the bigger picture, we will end up feeling tired of life with no future in front of us. Having an aim/ a hope or a massive target is something that keeps one going and gives one the energy and the ability to carry on living happily. We shouldn’t limit ourselves. There are many people who limit themselves on what they can do. We just need to believe that we can achieve anything as far as our minds go.

Some think that if you have faith in God, you will always have something to look forward to and He will be there for you and He will direct you in the right direction. But what if you are not a religious person or have no faith in anything? What then? Maybe self-respect and self-confidence can do the job. Someone who respects himself enough and looks for it within him and not anywhere else will succeed in life.
Having said all these, I really feel for her. I wish that I was close to her and was able to do something before things went the way they went. May God bless her soul, forgive her sins and give her soul an infinite peace.


Other people's opinion of you does not have to become your reality.”Brown, Les

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home